Tuesday, September 4, 2012


This is my altered self portrait. I used the Deke's Techniques from Lynda.com - 026 Turning a photo into an ink drawing. I followed each step, however, did not use the exact same amounts of alterations on each setting as Deke did. I wanted to keep some of the color and really get the outline of those circle effects in the background (result of camera being set to have a small depth of field). This process consisted of turning the photo into a smart object, applying five different filters to the photo, a copy of the photo being re-layered onto the adjusted photo, using the adjustments panel, changing the blending options, and a few other steps in between. Deke mentioned that a few of the filters used wouldn't normally be good to use such as the "Smart Blur" but I still found it interesting to have exposure to these tools and see the effects each of them have on the image.

No comments:

Post a Comment